I want to share this very inspiring story of a man who has a pancreatic cancer, but yet he didn’t give up on life. He stayed on the positive side; he planned his remaining days, what he’ll do, what should he do for his children and his wife. He talks about living and leading your life in the right way. Even after his death he still continues to inspire the world. The picture above is Randy Pausch together with his wife Jai Glasgow, Logan, Dylan and his daughter Chloe.
He has been such a big inspiration to me, and I’m sure that he’ll be an inspiration to you too. Just watch the video below and you’ll see what i mean. So who am i talking to?
His real name was Randolph Frederick Pausch but he was famously known as “Randy Pausch”. He was born on October 23, 1960. Randy Pausch was an American professor of computer science and human-computer interaction and design at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Randy Pausch discovered that he had a terminal case of pancreatic cancer in September 2006. He gave an upbeat lecture entitled “The Last Lecture: Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams” on September 18, 2007 at Carnegie Mellon, which became a popular YouTube video and led to other media appearances. Before he died he co-authored a book called “The Last Lecture” on which became a New York Times best-seller. (below is the cover of his book – i’m quite lucky i have his book.)
Here’s the video I’m talking about.
Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams
Randy really made me cry in his last lecture. I was deeply touched by the message he’s trying to convey. He’s really a good and awesome man. I wonder how fun it is to be with him. Here are my favorite quotations from Randy.
1. You can do more than you think
2. Experience is what you get, when you don’t get what you wanted
3. When you’re doing a bad job and nobody points it out to you, that’s when they’ve given up on you
4. Brick walls are there for a reason: they let us prove how badly we want things.
5. Tell the truth.
6. When you screw up, apologize…Good apology has 3 parts. I’m sorry. It was my fault. How do i make it right?
7. Show gratitude.
8. don’t complain; just work harder.
9. When you lead your life in the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you.
10. Never underestimate the power of having fun
Here’s another video series about Randy Pausch. This time, it is not a lecture anymore, it’s a documentary of how great Randy is.
Randy Pausch – Part 1
Randy Pausch – Part 2
Randy Pausch – Part 3
Randy Pausch – Part 4
Randy thank you so much for legacy and the inspiration you have shared to us. I’m sure you’ll always and forever will be – remembered… Thank you so much.
So how was it? Did you cry? Did it touch your heart? I hope that you’re inspired by Randy’s truly inspiring and motivating story. Please leave a comment below.