While i was trying to post a new article and decided to publish it. I clicked on the drop-down arrow at the right of “Save draft ” button and chose “Post draft and edit online”. After i clicked it. A progress bar appears that indicates that my contents are being uploaded in the my web server. Surprisingly, I got an error message which says. “The server reported an error with the following URL: http://… then below it, 500 Internal Server Error.” Here’s a screenshot of what exactly i got
If you are experiencing this kind of error. Here is how I fix it:
1. In the Menu, click Blogs, and then click Edit blog settings…
2. After you click Edit blog settings, a new window will appear like the one below.
3. At the left pane of the window, click Pictures. (see image below)
4. Click Configure. after clicking configure, you should see a window similar to this,
5. Enter the following information:
- FTP hostname: Type the name of your FTP server.
- Username and Password: Type the user name and password for your FTP account.
- Publish pictures into this folder: Type the full path to the folder on the FTP server. To find the path, click the Browse button .
- URL of picture publishing folder: Type the web address of the folder where people can view your pictures. The address should start with http://, not ftp://.
- Click OK, and then click OK again.
That concludes a guide for fixing 500 Internal Server Error in Windows Live writer. I hope you’ll find this post useful. And if it does, please spread the word, leave a comment or trackback or use my social bookmarking below. And please also subscribe to my feeds.