Windows Live Writer has really helped me in blogging life. It makes my work a lot easier, It really saves tons of precious time. Here are the top reasons why I like it:
1. Saves time: I don’t have to login to my WordPress Admin Panel and wait for the ‘Write Post’ page to load or to save and preview a post. Using Windows Live Writer, I can save, edit, delete and preview posts instantly with the click of a button. No need to waste time logging in too. Plus it has a feature to add categories on the fly.
2. Preview mode: Windows Live Writer has a cool Web layout view mode that lets you see posts just the way it would look like on your blog while writing the post itself. It also lets you update the Weblog Style whenever you want, very useful if you redesign your blog. This is one of my favorite features of Windows Live Writer.
3. No need for FTP software: Without Windows Live Writer I had to open FireFTP and drag-and-drop my images and wait till my images were uploaded and then head to my WordPress ‘Write Post’ page and insert the image. Those days were over, with Windows Live Writer, I just have to copy and paste the image to the post or just insert a picture to my post and then publish it. Windows Live Writer will be in charge of uploading my images automatically.
4. Multiple blogs from one place: Windows Live Writer supports most blog platforms like WordPress, Blogger and TypePad and so you can write for all the blogs you own or write for from one place. No need to login to each blog platform anymore.
5. Link Glossary: I don’t need to type a frequently linked site over and over again. Windows Live Writer provides a feature called Link Glossary that will let me save the links (URL, Text and Title). Link Glossary is available in Tools>Options>Link Glossary. You can add a link to the Link Glossary by right-clicking it and selecting ‘Add to Glossary’.
6. Image Actions: I am able to rotate and even adjust the brightness and contrast of my images through Windows Live Writer itself. The Windows Live Writer has a lot of image features. One of these are effects, example, black and white, sepia, etc. It has also a feature that enables you to add watermarks on your images. Cool.
7. Insert Tables: Windows Live Writer lets you insert Tables easily. I am not sure about other blog platforms but I have not seen any option on WordPress writer to insert tables, I had to manually insert Tables when they were needed. But with Windows Live Writer, sure enough, inserting tables is as easy as inserting text.
8. Add Multimedia: Windows Live Writer has a feature that enables the user to add videos to their post. Also, It has a very good feature that enables you to insert Maps. Cool feature that only Windows Live Writer have.
9. Write Blog posts offline: Windows Live Writer lets me write and save posts as drafts even when I have trouble connecting to the Internet. I can publish the post whenever I get to access the Internet again.
10. Free: I know there are a lot of free blogging clients and shareware applications out there but Windows Live Writer surpasses them all. In terms of features, ease of use, and productivity. I’m sure you’ll also like it. It’s provided for you free of charge courtesy of Microsoft.
I hope this post encourages you to use a desktop blog editor as they are really a time saver and makes your blogging life much easier and. Do You want it? Download now.
What Desktop blog Editor do you use? Share it here.